About Me

My photo
i know what's right and what's wrong. i am cheerful and out going. it's hard for me to find the one that i want, but once i find the right person, i won't be able to fall in love again for a long time.

DO WHAT YOU LOVE

"Do what you love and you'll be good at it. Sounds simple enough. But what if you love reading comics, playing video games and watching korean dramas until your eyes pop out? Is it possible to make a career out of such things? What's the alternative? Spend all your time wishing you were brave enough to take that leap? Don't let fear stop you from doing what you love. Because ultimately, it's about being true to yourself."

Followers

Sunday 5 September 2010

Quotes that make me ponder


Salam.

Here are two quotes which I took from novels written by my favorite author, Cecelia Ahern, that I want to share with you. There are very beautiful quotes and they make me ponder and reflect it with myself. Maybe it would make you ponder too.




Let's read the first quote together out loud.

"Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Open your heart and follow where it leads you and remember, shoot for the moon. P.S. I will always love you. (from the book of P.S. I Love You)

So, do you feel what I feel? The answer is no, isn't it? Perhaps you might be thinking what is Hazimah trying to say here?

If you have read the novel P.S. I Love You, maybe you will be able to understand what is the real meaning of the above quote. The above quote is Garry's sayings to his wife, Holy. He told Holy to not be afraid of falling in love again, although after his deceased. He doesn't want Holy to feel guilty if only she has fallen in love with other guy because he is no longer there to take care of her and he wants his wife to continue her life without him. Even though Garry knows how much Holy loves him, but he doesn't want her to live on her own. He believes that there must be someone who could replace him as a new lover (perhaps a good husband) to look after Holy. So, that's why he told Holy, "Don't be afraid to fall in love again."

However, I interpret it based my own perspective. If someone tells me to not be afraid to fall in love again, I will immediately tell him/her, "No. I am afraid to fall in love again." Why? Because guys love to make fool of me and there's no way I could trust them anymore. I will never give my trust to them because they will take it for granted and use it for a bad purpose. The other reason why I'm afraid to fall in love again is because guys love to break my heart. I don't know why. Maybe it's because they enjoy doing it. They are not really serious loving me and so they think that I might feel the same way too. I'm afraid to fall in love again because now my heart is broken into pieces and it is really hurt and I need some time to find a suitable cure for it. If I don't do so and start to fall in love with any other guy, I'm sure it will turn into ashes. There will be no more part of my heart left inside me.

What about the next line? "Open your heart and follow where it leads you." I always ask myself whenever I read this phrase, "why should I open my heart to those useless guys, who love to make fool of me?" Sometimes when I tend to follow everything that my heart tells me to do, it'll bring me to destruction and I would feel disappointed and frustrated in the end. Because I know that if we act upon something based on our heart, it'll destroy us without we realizing it. Don't you think? That's why now I'm holding to a new principle. Follow what your mind tells you, but not what your heart tells you. However, in certain circumstances we still need to follow our heart sometimes. (no need to mention here)

Thus, what can I conclude for the first quote is that, no matter what people will say about me but I'm still afraid to fall in love again and I have no intention to fall in love again at all and also I will not open my heart to any guys (who are not sincere to me) to become my soul mate. I won't follow where my heart wants to lead me because I know it'll ruin my life someday.




How about the second quote?

"Memories were fine but you couldn't touch them, smell them or hold them. They were never exactly as the moment was, and they faded away with time."

Yes, I totally agree with this quote. You see, memories are something that we create and store inside our memory box, which is our mind. Memories can be either pleasant or unpleasant and sweet or bitter memories. Memories are things that we want to remember for the rest of our life. But there's only one thing about memories that people are not pleased with. Memories cannot be touched nor smelled nor held. Memories are invisible to our sight but we still can feel their presence.

Since I've lived for about 20 years, I have created so many memories. Memories with my friends, memories with my family and memories with other groups of people like teachers, lecturers and also memories with all my heart breakers. If I were given the chance to turn back time, I wouldn't want to meet those guys and I would want to correct all the mistakes that I had committed and continue my life with a carefree heart. I wouldn't let any bad thing happen to me. But I'm not regret for what had happened to me because I believe that everything happens for a good reason. Allah said so in the Quran and I trust Him.

What about you?

2 comments:

shahirahkhairudin said...

zimah.. wahhhhh.. dah maju satu lagi bab.. well done !! :)

Zimah Zaiwani said...

hehehe.... arigatou, ayumi-chan! zmah x sempat lg nak bc novel shira. insya Allah, zmah akn bc ok? zmah sukalah blog syira.... keep writing k?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails