About Me

My photo
i know what's right and what's wrong. i am cheerful and out going. it's hard for me to find the one that i want, but once i find the right person, i won't be able to fall in love again for a long time.

DO WHAT YOU LOVE

"Do what you love and you'll be good at it. Sounds simple enough. But what if you love reading comics, playing video games and watching korean dramas until your eyes pop out? Is it possible to make a career out of such things? What's the alternative? Spend all your time wishing you were brave enough to take that leap? Don't let fear stop you from doing what you love. Because ultimately, it's about being true to yourself."

Followers

Saturday 16 January 2010

KAWAN*FRIEND*SAHABAT*SHINYUU



Salam.


Try to imagine, while you're walking down the street and make your way to class or perhaps you are leading to other places like cafe, mosque, or even library, and suddenly there's a man walking toward you and blocking your way. He's giving a very sweet smile and coincidentally he says, "Excuse me, will you spend some time with me?" Then, you agreed. So, you and him sit together under the tree unseen by Mr. Sun's brightness and start a simple yet attractive conversation. The moment you're looking at his face, then you are asked, "What does friend mean? What do you think a true friend should be? Do you ever own a best friend? What are the things that you and your best friend usually do together?" After hearing those so-called direct questions split out from his mouth, what do you think your answers might be? How are you going to respond to the stranger's questions and do you think that your answers are appropriate with the questions and can they satisfy yourself?

Just for the sake of sharing, let me tell you why did I ask you to imagine those things. Actually, this incident has occurred to me since I have befriended with many different kinds of people. But, the stranger which is the man who asked you to sit down with him and asked several questions wasn't actually a man in my case. It was the inner self of me. At that time, I was talking to myself and it was myself who asked me about the questions regarding "friends" or "friendship." So, at that time, I was fighting within myself to find the real answers. However, I failed. Until then I still cannot search the meanings of a true friend and what does the true friend should be. I am so depressed and upset.

But then, after making friends with several people inside my campus, then I discovered what a "friend" really is and how can they play an important role in someone's life.

Let me show you!


******************************************************



Well, if you look at the title of this entry, do you have any idea why I titled this entry by using the terms "KAWAN," "FRIEND," "SAHABAT," and "SHINYUU?" These terms are all taken from four different languages that I have learned (Malay, English, Arabic, and Japanese). Although they seem to be different in term of spelling, yet they are still revealing the same meaning or definition about something. What is "something" that I am talking about here? Yes, that "something" is what it is best known as "a true friend," "a close friend," or "a best friend."

I believe that you also have many friends, right? But how do you know which one will stay with you forever? I mean, with whom do you think your friendship will last forever? Can you tell me which friend of yours will be the lucky person to be in the same path as you until the end of your life? Can you detect which friend will stand beside you, helping you to defend the dignity of Islam and the most important of all, which friend will bring you be closer to our Creator and assist you to get mardhatillah? Think about it, my friends.

As I surfing some websites for the sake of looking for the definite meaning of "friend," here the result is quiet satisfactory. I've just found a beautiful poem whose the writer is Mr. Annony about the meaning of a friend. Now, I've become so much in love whenever I read this poem. Though the language used is not so literary but it can only be understood by those who are totally value the best "ship" pf all ships in this world, called "friendship."

Let's try recite this poem out loud together!


Someone turned to me and asked

"How many friends have you?"
Why 10 or 20 friends I believe
And began to named a few...

A blessed one you are
To have so many friends
But think of what you're saying...
A friend is just not someone
To whom you say "Hello"

A friend is a tender shoulder
On which to softly cry
A well to pour your troubles down
And raise your spirits high

A friend is a hand to pull you up
From darkness and despair...
When all your other "so called" friends
Have helped to put you there

A true friend is an ally
Who can't be moved or bought
A voice to keep your name alive
When others have forgot

But most of all a friend has a true heart
For from the hearts of friends
There comes the greatest love of all!

So think about all this
For every word is true
And once again answer please...
How many friends have you?

After much thought I answered
I really only have just one
"It's You!"

A Friend Is Always Special
Because Friends Love You
Just Because You're You!



See?

Now, I ask you again. Have you known the true meaning of a true friend???

No need to tell me, actually.

Try to answer it and keep it yourself. Because we're gonna talk more about this topic in my next entry, Insya Allah.


Just wait!

2 comments:

UnSub said...

true friend........

does it really exist???

i mean...for real? huhuuuu......

it's good to get a recognition for that.

dun cha think?

Zimah Zaiwani said...

salam, unsub.

hmm.... it does exist actually. but it only can be found by people with the pure heart. wut i mean is, we only can detect whether our fren is a true fren if we really know her/him well by our heart. n we value him/her through his/her heart. n when we had built the strong bond wth him/her, then we'll soon discover that she/he is our true fren. i had already experinced it. y don't u gve it a try!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails