About Me

My photo
i know what's right and what's wrong. i am cheerful and out going. it's hard for me to find the one that i want, but once i find the right person, i won't be able to fall in love again for a long time.

DO WHAT YOU LOVE

"Do what you love and you'll be good at it. Sounds simple enough. But what if you love reading comics, playing video games and watching korean dramas until your eyes pop out? Is it possible to make a career out of such things? What's the alternative? Spend all your time wishing you were brave enough to take that leap? Don't let fear stop you from doing what you love. Because ultimately, it's about being true to yourself."

Followers

Friday 29 November 2013

A story behind the scroll

~Bismillah~

I went through my student life in IIUM for about five years and all I can say is that I'm proud to be IIUM student or should I say, IIUM graduand. IIUM had educated me and transformed me into a better person. It had turned me into someone 'extraordinary' and occupied me with self-confidence in everything I do. If previously I was a very shy, timid and quiet person but now I've more courage to speak out my mind and how I feel upon something. I surely had learned a lot of things as long as I had been ann
 IIUM student. In IIUM, I learned how to make friends with strangers (as I learned how to make the first move to say hello), I learned how to communicate with people well, I learned how to be more participative in class discussions, I learned how to mingle with lecturers, so many other stuffs. 

Alhamdulillah... I learned a lot actually from IIUM...
I feel truly blessed staying in this university.


You have no idea how much this photo means to me. When I was a little girl, I always thought that I couldn't do many things. Unlike my older sister. I felt like I had no capabilities in giving my best in academics and I didn't think I can perform well in co-curriculum too. I had such low self-esteem during those days. The only people who always had faith in me and always thought that I could achieve my goals back then were my mother and kak uda and kak long. These three people, they never lose faith that someday I could be a successful person. As I walked along the stage to take my scroll, there was a flashback playing in my mind regarding my struggles in order to reach the peak of success. Since I was small, I had never achieved any awards from my previous school. How sad was that... until I reached secondary 4, for the very first time I got first place for my stream, Social Science. 

Then, the next year, I got an award of SPM best student with the achievement of 8As. Alhamdulillah... When I registered myself intoo any IPTAs, I already expected that I would get IIUM as my chosen university. I don't know why. It's like Allah had chosen this university for me and Allah had decided that I would be wearing its robe during my graduation day showing that I would graduate no matter what. Seriously, I had experienced repeating the same paper twice and I know how it feels. I felt so horrible and useless because my other friends, most of them had passed all papers smoothly. I always thought that they were more intelligent, smart and capable of doing so many things in their lives. But, that kind of thinking stopped immediately when I realized that the scroll written on it Bachelor of Human Sciences (English Language and Literature)(Hons) was in my hand. I felt like tears were almost running down my cheeks as I received the scroll. I never imagined that I had gone this far. Without Allah's blessings and mercy, together with supports from family, lecturers and friends, I wouldn't be able to succeed.





No matter how successful I am now, I'm still the same Wan Hazimah.
Timid, humble and lack of confidence. But I have improved and still improving myself 
to become better and better. The difference is just, now, I am the one who is passing the knowledge to the next generations and I hope all the knowledge I got from my teachers will benefiit the younger generation to brighten up their future.

Due to supports and du'a from my loved ones, I wouldn't have reached the peak of my success. 
Thank you for all the blessings and loves that you give me through all these persons, my dear Lord.

I really hope that someday I could get the chance to open a new chapter in my study life,
which is getting on stage to get my Master degree scroll.
Insya Allah.

:')

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails