About Me

My photo
i know what's right and what's wrong. i am cheerful and out going. it's hard for me to find the one that i want, but once i find the right person, i won't be able to fall in love again for a long time.

DO WHAT YOU LOVE

"Do what you love and you'll be good at it. Sounds simple enough. But what if you love reading comics, playing video games and watching korean dramas until your eyes pop out? Is it possible to make a career out of such things? What's the alternative? Spend all your time wishing you were brave enough to take that leap? Don't let fear stop you from doing what you love. Because ultimately, it's about being true to yourself."

Followers

Wednesday 27 February 2013

My favorites

            i waited

               and i waited for your words
               letters that darken my pigeonhole,
               linger in worn-out trust.
               loving you is embracing silence,
               once warm in hand
               you are faint in the distance.
               you have taught me to forget,
               to prefer
               my fallen pride.

               i am now me
               standing raw at the conclusion
               of a long silence.

               i am a new man (woman, in my case),
               waiting for no one
               but myself.

               p/s: At some time, I waited. And now I'm still waiting but 'm not sure for how long...

               only poems

            only poems between us -
               reading words
               like spies of emotion,
               ready to feel
               to praise with recognition.

               oh what insight
               for him who wants to see,
               what understanding
               in reading the known.

               no critic,
               i am a partisan of the heart.

               p/s: Now, only poems can connect us. Others can't.

              before or after

              la vie est vaste, etant

                            ivre d' absence - valery


              this life is vast,
              too big for years
              before or after me,
              but to possess it whole
              is beyond ambition.
              i want the days as they come,
              with you.
              we shall stop them,
              new, with their minutes,
              smells, sweat and paths.

              p/s: Before or after me, life is life. To live in it is to feel the pain.

              words

           words began this -
              tedious promises,
              lies that held together
              the false sentence.

              between pain and lies
              i once chose to hear sweet words
              for they gave
              breath between cries.

              p/s: A few words started everything and a few words ended everything.


Prof. Muhammad Haji Salleh's poems feel so connected to me, to my life. They portray a lot of things that I've been through and they are truly inspiring. Now, I'm truly in love with poetry.

:')

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails